Friday, July 6, 2012

IBM Corporate Service Corps

Welcome to my blog. This is the place were I´m going to show the world about my experience in the “IBM Corporate Service Corps” travel. This program empowers IBM employees as global citizens by sending groups of 10 - 15 individuals from different countries with a range of skills to an emerging market for four week community-based assignments. For more information go to: http://www.ibm.com/ibm/responsibility/corporateservicecorps/programdetails.html

The program have a Triple Benefit:  (1) Communities have their problems solved, (2) IBMers receive leadership training and development and (3) IBM develops new markets and global leaders. For me doing volunteer work in a different environment with people from different cultural backgrounds triggered my enthusiasm to apply.

I’ve got selected to participate in Kazakhstan 2 team with people from different parts of the world: Belinda from Australia, Brad from USA, Chester from Philippines, Divya from India, Karla from New Zeland, Sara from India, Sri from India, Tanner from USA, Vishal from India, Siew Yin from Malaysia, Yuhji from Japan and me from Peru. And we are going to Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan!

Worldmap

IBM Peru announcement July 3rd, 2012:
Boletin

We all are very excited with this trip and we have been working already for 3 months learning several modules that prepares us for this voyage. If you want to learn more about the country than just wikipedia or Lonely Planet and check my experience in this program, stay tooned to this blog!  I will appreciate your comments. #ibmcsc Kazakhstan

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Gustavo! Looking forward to hearing more about your experience!

    ReplyDelete